Starting a New Adventure

I'm quitting my day job.

I've wanted to write that sentence for over a year now.  That is my news, the major event I've wanted to share with everyone and couldn't tell anyone.  But today, it's official.  I handed in my resignation letter this morning and took the form up to the dean's office.  I'm quitting.  I quit.  I quit.  I QUIT!

I'm going to be a stay-at-home-mom.  I'm going to help my home-schooled son get through high school.  I'm going to write the stories that have been crowding my mind for years but I never have time to write down.  I'm going to take long walks and bicycle rides.  I'm going get my body into a shape that isn't round and flabby.  I'm going spend hours at the library and plant my herb and flower garden and repaint the downstairs bathroom.  I'm going to rediscover my love of cooking.

I'm daring to dream a different future for myself.  And I'm going to make it happen.

I'm scared out of my mind.  I can't stop smiling.  I feel nauseous and bubbly and, dear whatever-higher-power-is-listening-right-now, I need a drink.  Or chocolate.

April 1, 2013 is the start of my new life.  Aaaaaand I just realized that is also April Fools Day.  Oh, I really hope that's not an omen.  Wait!  Maybe it is.  Maybe it means my new life will be full of laughter and joy.  Yeah, let's go with that.  It doesn't make me want to vomit. 

Ok, time to stop shaking and make a list of everything I need to do before March 31 because I'M QUITTING!